Senior Fund Accountant
Advanced Fund Administration provides a full range of administration and outsourcing solution to hedge funds, private equity funds, and other funds of funds located throughout the world. An Accountant is responsible for maintaining the books and records of hedge funds, reconciling cash, pricing securities, and recording corporate actions.
- Maintain tax lots of investments and record investment level transactions in the Fund’s books and records
- Update accounting records for corporate actions on fund investments
- Verify market value of portfolio using independent pricing sources such as Bloomberg.
- Prepare reconciliations of fund cash and investment positions to the prime broker/custodian accounts
- Maintain Fund books and records in accordance with the Offering Memorandum and other Constitutive Documents.
- Calculate and accrue all income and expenses including management fees, incentive fees, and other ongoing fund related expenses.
- Work with and assist investor services team in meeting AFA common goal
- Finalize NAV package to send to the investment manager
- Produce high quality results
- Effective time management skills associated with daily and non-daily assignments
- Escalate issues to supervisor/manager
- Assist with the preparation of the year-end financial statements and tax reporting. Provide audit assistance to independent audit firms during the fund’s annual audit.
- Assist with business development, client specific reporting/analysis requests, and special projects, onboarding of new funds, compliance with SSAE16 controls and procedures and audit reporting process.
- Serve on any internal committee you may be appointed to
- Must be “aware” of matters related to AML/KYC requirements
- Escalate any issues that appears to be “suspicious activities” to the “MLRO”
Required/Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- CPA Preferred but not required
- 5-7 years’ experience in the fund administration of hedge and PE funds
- Experience with PFS-Paxus accounting software preferred but not required
- Background in accounting for various types of investment strategies including equities, fixed
- income, commodities, derivatives, private equity, and/or real estate
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills